Understanding the Sky will help you unlock the potential of every flying day.
- A classic – a bestseller when it was first published
- One of the first books written by a pilot for other pilots
- Written by Dennis Pagen, one the USA's longest-serving pro hang glider pilots
- Explains complex meteorology in plain English, with the aim of helping you fly further
- Easy to understand text and illustrations
As cross country pilots, observation and analysis of the ever-changing conditions is crucial if we are to stay in the air and maximise our distances.
Dennis Pagen's Understanding the Sky covers the macro-scale meteorological phenomena, from pressure systems to the Jet Stream, and also focuses in on the micro-met of everything from thermal formation to wave lift.
Read this and you will not only be well on your way to becoming a weather guru, the knowledge inside will help you fly further too.